'Shiny Bee' Shampoo & Conditioning Bar
Shampoo Bars do not suit everyone. If you have not yet tried a natural shampoo bar we would strongly recommend that you start with our sample bar to see if it suits your hair. For more information please click HERE.
If you still struggle with 'soap-style' shampoo bars have a look at our non soap style alternatives HERE.
Our full size 'Shiny Bee Shampoo & Conditioning Bar' is now available having had a thorough testing by our lovely GroupBees! Scroll down to see what they had to say......
This is our very first shampoo product and what we love about it is not only is it fabulous for nourishing and soothing your hair and scalp, but it is 100% natural with zero waste without the need for unnecessary plastic packaging.
We have carefully designed and developed this product to give maximum hydration, condition and nutrition to the hair and scalp leaving it soothed, conditioned, shiny and full of volume.
With a careful blend of moisture rich conditioning oils of castor, avocado and shea along with pure essential oils of rosemary, lavender, peppermint & tea-tree your hair and scalp should feel soothed and conditioned. You are also likely to notice much cleaner hair between washes and a marked reduced need for conditioner.
Choosing the right natural shampoo is often tricky and can depend on hair type, length, condition, porousness, water type (hard of soft) and whether you have residue build up from silicone shampoos & styling products. PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY DO NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE.
To get the most out of your 'Shiny Bee' Shampoo & Conditioning Bar please follow these directions for use:-
1. Firstly ensure you give your hair a thorough brushing beforehand, This gets rid of any dust, grime and loose hairs so that the shampoo can work more effectively.
2. Thoroughly wet your hair with fairly warm water (cool water will not cleanse the hair effectively) before rubbing the shampoo bar through your wet hands to start the lather and apply through the hair to the scalp. It would be beneficial to rub the bar through at this stage. AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES AS CAN IRRITATE. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
3. Add a little water and gently massage the scalp with the pads of your finger tips in small firm circular motions. This will help to create a lather and to remove any dirt, grime and debris from the scalp. It is important not to ‘scrub’ the hair and scalp as this will only cause your hair to be damaged and tangle the hair. Massaging the scalp helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp, leading to healthier stronger new hair growth. By regularly cleaning the scalp you are removing the old dirty oil and promoting new clean sebum which will protect your scalp and hair, encouraging it to remain healthy.
4. Next it is time to rinse. But before rinsing it all away, add some more water and massage gently to emulsify the shampoo product, which loosens it and it is then able to be rinsed away more easily. This is an important point especially if you have previously felt residue left in it. Do not worry if you don’t get a good lather to start with, it means the shampoo is being diluted by, and working hard to remove, the oil/dirt and any build of previous products used.
5. In most cases you need to shampoo a second time. The first shampoo removes any debris or product from the hair, the second shampoo actually cleanses the hair, so again lather the bar and apply to your scalp, adding a little water. You will find it lathers more easily, massage your scalp and run the lather through your hair to the ends, this will gently cleanse and freshen the rest of the hair.
6. Add more water, emulsifying gently before finally rinsing away all traces of the shampoo. Rinsing thoroughly is a very important step, as any product left in the hair will cause it to be lank, look, and feel greasy and be difficult to style effectively.
7. When you rinse your hair it is likely to feel very squeaky as if it needs to be conditioned. This is because hair has a pH level of around 4.5 - 5 whereas the shampoo bars have a pH of around 9 causing the cuticles of your hair to open. This allows moisture from the naturals oils to enter the hair. If your final rinse is with cool water this will help to close the cuticles again making the hair less likely to tangle. When the hair is dry the cuticles will re-close and your hair should be soft and shiny.
8. If you find that your hair is still tangly or if a residue is left on your hair, and the above technique is not helping, then you can use a vinegar or lemon rinse after rinsing the shampoo lather. This will re-close your cuticles as both vinegar and lemon have a very low pH. Simply dilute with 3 parts water, pour over the hair after rinsing the shampoo lather, let sit for a couple of minutes then rinse out.
To read more about why sulphates are not so good for your hair & scalp have a look at our blog HERE.
Initially it may you take a little longer to shampoo your hair than you are used to while following these steps, but it is worth persevering with it in order to get the best results out of your Shiny Bee Shampoo bar.
If you have hard water consider fitting a filter to your shower head to prevent mineral build up on your hair.
If you have been using chemical SLS style shampoos, your hair and scalp may need to go through a detox to remove the layers of plastics on the hair surface and to allow your scalp to settle into a regulated pattern of oil production. This may last for a week or up to a month. Be patient. After repeated use you may find that you no longer need to wash your hair so regularly and/or that you no longer need conditioner. The SLS (the foaming agent) in chemical shampoos dries/damages making conditioner necessary.
See what our Testers thought.....
'I have used the shampoo bar 4 times now and it is amazing! My hair loves it. After drying it was very smooth and shiny and my scalp felt soothed with no itching!'
'I have short coloured hair that is extremely dry and I have scalp psoriasis. I love the bar it lathers well and washes out quickly. More importantly, my scalp loved it. Often shampoos can irritate but it was lovely and gentle'
'I have been a long time user of natural shampoos and switched to Lush sometime ago. However, I used your bar twice last week and my hair did not need conditioner and there was no struggling to get the comb through the tangles it almost glided through'
'I have not used a natural shampoo before so it took me a little time to get used to it. However, I love it. First the smell is lovely and lasted for ages. Secondly, my hair felt so soft and clean after. Third, I did not even need a product on my hair to tame the frizz. Fourth, my hair is usually very greasy following my workout, however, it somehow managed to stay clean. I will be purchasing this shampoo bar and recommending it to friends and family. Thank you Catherine x'
'It lathered well and felt really squeaky after rinsing and my hair now feels really light. So far the shampoo bar gets the thumbs up it washes well and there's no need for a conditioner'
'Having tested the shampoo bar twice I can only say 'another great product'. I have thick, shoulder length hair and have not used a natural shampoo before. I found the smell refreshing but difficult to later up. After shampooing my hair felt squeaky clean, my scalp soothed, I suffer with eczema, and after blow drying my hair felt smooth'
'SHAMPOO BAR WITH LEMON JUICE RINSE! So i have been using the shampoo bar over the last few weeks (think i am on wash 5) i have shoulder length fine ginger/blonde hair that likes to frizz round my face! I love the shampoo but I have struggled with a residue feel after i wash, it is fine once dried and has looked and felt great but i was still getting a tacky residue feel after every wash. So, after reading the wonderfully helpful washing directions on the HBB blog i thought i would try a lemon juice rinse and wow - it was like magic! I shampooed twice, rinsed well, then poured a jug with some lemon juice and hot water over my hair and left it for 2-3 minutes then rinsed again. My brush went straight through my hair, no knots, It is incredibly soft, looks silky and shiny. So impressed! Definitely worth trying, I don't think i will ever go back to liquid shampoo!'
We also do our Shiny Bee shampoo bar in a travel tin. For more information please click HERE.
If would like to try a smaller sample bar to see if it suits your hair we also do a 25g bar. For more information please click HERE.
You may also be interested in our brand new 'Shiny Bee Hair & Scalp Oil' for a deep conditioning treatment for dry, brittle hair, itchy scalp & hair nourishment & growth. Click HERE for more information.
If you have any questions about your hair just get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Please note even though the ingredients in this product are all natural, some skins can react to natural ingredients, so it is advisable to test the product first on your inner wrist/arm to check compatibility with your skin before use.
When using this product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
If you would like a natural sisal shampoo bag to store your shampoo in between use or for travel CLICK HERE for more details.
95g bar wrapped in greaseproof paper
Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocate, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Avocadate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Beeswax, Honey (Mel), Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus Officinalis), Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia), Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita), Tea-Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
(Naturally occurring allergens – Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol)
(FREE POSTAGE WITH ORDERS OF £35 AFTER ANY DISCOUNT CODE APPLIED)