'Sensitive Bee' Fragrance Free Shampoo Bar STARTER SIZE *FREE POSTAGE*
FREE SHIPPING over £50
Fragrance Free, Natural Shampoo Bar for Sensitive Hair and Scalp
Perfect for the most sensitive of scalps, our Sensitive Bee shampoo bar is completely free of essential oils and fragrance, making it the perfect gentle bar to transform your haircare routine.
Loaded with the moisture rich oils of argan and castor, our Sensitive Shampoo bar is designed to soothe the scalp and help promote soft, voluminous hair in harmony with your natural oil production.
Palm oil, fragrance and plastic free it is as gentle on the planet as it is on your skin, allowing you to cleanse your hair and scalp naturally without a damaging chemical in sight.
Each bar is lovingly hand poured, cut and wrapped in small batches by our small Welsh team to ensure they arrive ultra- fresh for your enjoyment.
Our Sensitive Bee shampoo bar is:-
- 100% natural
- free of palm oil, fragrance, lanolin and SLS
- made from simple, easy to understand ingredients
- cruelty free
- sustainable & wrapped in fully compostable, recycled, greaseproof paper
- bee friendly
- moisturising and hydrating
- handmade in small batches
- made by a small, independent Welsh brand that cares about you and about nature
Our Credentials (Why Buy From Us?)
Click HERE to find out more about our environmental, ethical and other credentials.
If you would like to let us know how our shampoo bar has helped with your haircare routine, please scroll down to end of page and let us know.
Ingredients & Allergens
Read below for an easy to understand list of ingredients:-
Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocate, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Arganate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Beeswax, Honey (Mel)
If you have any questions about the ingredients we use just ask us in our Live Chat box or email us at email@example.com.
A generous helping of coconut oil works to naturally wash away dirt and bacteria from the hair and scalp. Together with the soothing and moisturising properties of argan and castor oils, you can be sure our shampoo will leave your hair hydrated and nourished without irritation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHAMPOO BARS DO NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE and will often depend on your hair type, length, condition, porousness, water type (hard of soft) and whether you have residue build up from silicone shampoos & styling products. It can also depend on the method of use for the bar, whether enough of the product has been used, whether a lather has been created and whether there is adequate rinsing to avoid residue being left on the hair.
Our Sensitive Bee shampoo sample bar weighs approximately 25g and comes wrapped in fully compostable, recycled, greaseproof paper. Please note that as our shampoo bars are hand cut their weight can vary slightly.
Directions for Use
You do have to work a little harder with a shampoo bar to get the best results, but when it works you will achieve plastic free soft, shiny hair and are unlikely to need a conditioner. You also usually need to wash less often with much less grease build up experienced between washes!
We would recommend following the directions for use:
- Firstly ensure you give your hair a thorough brushing beforehand, This gets rid of any dust, grime and loose hairs so that the shampoo can work more effectively.
- Thoroughly wet your hair with fairly warm water (cool water will not cleanse the hair effectively) before rubbing the shampoo bar through your wet hands to start the lather and apply through the hair to the scalp. It would be beneficial to rub the bar through at this stage. AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES AS CAN IRRITATE. If contact occurs, rinse eyesthoroughly with water.
- Add a little water and gently massage the scalp with the pads of your fingertips in small firm circular motions. This will help to create a lather and to remove any dirt, grime and debris from the scalp. It is important not to ‘scrub’ the hair and scalp as this will only cause your hair to be damaged and tangle the hair. Massaging the scalp helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp, leading to healthier stronger new hair growth. By regularly cleaning the scalp you are removing the old dirty oil and promoting new clean sebum which will protect your scalp and hair, encouraging it to remain healthy.
- Next it is time to rinse. But before rinsing it all away, add some more water and massage gently to emulsify the shampoo product, which loosens it and it is then able to be rinsed away more easily. This is an important point especially if you have previously felt residue left in it. Do not worry if you don’t get a good lather to start with, it means the shampoo is being diluted by, and working hard to remove, the oil/dirt and any build of previous products used.
- In most cases you need to shampoo a second time. The first shampoo removes any debris or product from the hair, the second shampoo actually cleanses the hair, so again lather the bar and apply to your scalp, adding a little water. You will find it lathers more easily, massage your scalp and run the lather through your hair to the ends, this will gently cleanse and freshen the rest of the hair.
- Add more water, emulsifying gently before finally rinsing away all traces of the shampoo. Rinsing thoroughly is a very important step, as any product left in the hair will cause it to be lank, look, and feel greasy and be difficult to style effectively.
- When you rinse your hair it is likely to feel very squeaky as if it needs to be conditioned. This is because hair has a pH level of around 4.5 - 5 whereas the shampoo bars have a pH of around 9, causing the cuticles of your hair to open. This allows moisture from the naturals oils to enter the hair. If your final rinse is with cool water this will help to close the cuticles again making the hair less likely to tangle. When the hair is dry the cuticles will re-close and your hair should be soft and shiny.
- If you find that your hair is still tangly or if a residue is left on your hair, and the above technique is not helping, then you can use a vinegar or lemon rinse after rinsing away the shampoo lather. This will re-close your cuticles as both vinegar and lemon have a very low pH. Simply dilute with 3 parts water, pour over the hair after rinsing the shampoo lather, let sit for a couple of minutes then rinse out.
To read more about why sulphates are not so good for your hair or scalp, have a look at our blog HERE.
Initially it may you take a little longer to shampoo your hair than you are used to while following these steps, but it is worth persevering with it in order to get the best results out of your Shampoo bar.
If you have hard water consider fitting a filter to your shower head to prevent mineral build up on your hair.
If you have been using chemical SLS style shampoos, your hair and scalp may need to go through a detox to remove the layers of plastics on the hair surface and to allow your scalp to settle into a regulated pattern of oil production. This may last for a week or up to a month. Be patient. After repeated use you may find that you no longer need to wash your hair so regularly and/or that you no longer need conditioner. The SLS (the foaming agent) in chemical shampoos dries/damages making conditioner necessary.
If you have any questions about your hair just get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Please note even though the ingredients in this product are all natural, some skins can react to natural ingredients, so it is advisable to test the product first on your inner wrist/arm to check compatibility with your skin before use.
When using this product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
If you would like a natural sisal shampoo bag to store your shampoo in between use or for travel CLICK HERE for more details.
If you would like to move straight to our full size Sensitive Bee click HERE.
If you would prefer a 'non-soap' style shampoo that is easy to alther adn won't leave residue, why not try our pH friendly Gentle Bee Shampoo & Conditioning Bar.
For gentle cleansing the whole body, have you had a look at our Sensitive Bee Honey Soap. Click HERE.
Money Back Guarantee
30 day 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with your product. For further details of our returns policy see our Terms & Conditions Page.
I really liked it easy to use .
This is a fantastic shampoo bar I have a very itchy scalp and this is one of the only shampoo bars that I have found that helps to stop the annoying itch. It also lathers well and does not leave any sticky residue on the hair as some other bars are prone to doing. I tried the sample bar first to test and have just ordered the full sized bar I might try one of the others but I am scared that they might cause the itch to return so I am thinking about this.