'Shiny Bee' Shampoo & Conditioning Bar STARTER SIZE *FREE POSTAGE*
FREE SHIPPING over £50
Plastic Free, Natural Shampoo and Conditioning Bar
Naturally formulated by a small Welsh Brand, our Shiny Bee shampoo and conditioning bar is designed to work in harmony with your hair and scalp, offering the perfect zero waste solution to transform your haircare routine.
Loaded with the natural, moisture rich oils of coconut, castor, olive, avocado and shea, our Shiny Bee bar is formulated to give maximum, hydration, condition and nutrition to the hair and scalp, ensuring a happy hair day, every day!
Palm oil, synthetic fragrance and plastic free it is as gentle on the planet as it is on your skin, allowing you to cleanse your hair and scalp naturally without a damaging chemical in sight.
Each bar is lovingly hand poured, cut and wrapped in small batches by our small team to ensure they arrive ultra- fresh for your enjoyment.
Our Shiny Bee shampoo and conditioning bar is:-
- 100% natural
- free of palm oil, synthetic fragrance, lanolin and SLS
- made from simple, easy to understand ingredients
- cruelty free
- sustainable & wrapped in fully compostable, recycled, greaseproof paper
- bee friendly
- ultra-moisturising and hydrating
- handmade in small batches
- made by a small, independent Welsh brand that cares about you and about nature
Our Credentials (Why Buy From Us)?
Click HERE to find out more about our environmental, ethical and other credentials.
“No fuss, no plastic - a happy convert
I confess to having bought my Shiny Bee shampoo bar at least 2 months before I used it. I'd used Faith In Nature shampoos for a long time but wanted to ditch the plastic bottles, but I have never been one to spend time on any "grooming" so the long instructions for the bar put me off. It sounded too complicated. Eventually my bottle of shampoo ran out, so I picked up my Shiny Bee bar. That was seven months ago, and I haven't used anything else since! Yes, it did take a few weeks for my scalp and hair to adjust and for the first few washes I really wanted to use conditioner too, but I resisted grabbing that bottle and by the end of the first month I was happy with the results. I suffer from occasional scalp psoriasis and dandruff, so chose the Shiny Bee bar because of the tea tree oil. I was worried at first that my problems would recur, but no more itchy scalp! My hair used to look and feel a bit greasy if not washed every other day, but that no longer happens. It is true that once your hair has adjusted, you really don't need to wash it as often. Some say bars don't lather, but I haven't found that at all. The bar lasts surprisingly well too, even with two of us using it (I have converted him too) - after 7 months we're half way through our second bar. And I am in and out of the shower just as quickly as in my bottle days, just water and my Shiny Bee bar, no messing around, no plastic!”
“AMAZING - GIVE IT A GO!
OK, so to be honest - I was a little sceptical...I didn't trust that this bar could do the same if not better than the Big Brand Shampoo I've relied on for years, and years. I was a creature of habit. And, again - if I'm honest - it all looked a bit complicated when I read the instructions. But, I bit the bullet this morning and the results were UNBELIEVABLE. Firstly - it is incredibly EASY TO USE. Just wet your hair, later up and within seconds you have a RICH and CREAMY lather. More so than my Big Brand Shampoo. Secondly, the AROMA is just heavenly. Thirdly, it RINSES away so easily. A little really does go along way. Fourthly - oh, my goodness - talk about SQUEAKY CLEAN. Literally, my hair squeaked - it is so reassuring to know that it's not harsh chemicals that are doing that to my hair - it's all good, sustainable, naturally yummy stuff that does nobody any harm. And FINALLY - my hair is full of volume, bounce but is beautifully soft.
I am totally and utterly converted, and after using the small tester bar - I'm off to purchase my first Big Bar! Don't be put off by the initial investment by the way - I can see this shampoo bar is going to last long, long after the Big Brand Shampoo is required from Superdrug again, which makes it incredible value for money. It feels nice to be a bit more 'no plastic' from today onwards. Thank you Cath and the Girls (bees) xx”
Loving Shiny Bee soap bar which lathers well & rinses out easily leaving my hair feeling squeaky clean & my scalp feeling great. I have coloured hair which is quite fine & flyaway but I don't even need to use a conditioner any more. My hair is shiny, well-conditioned & easy to style. Thank you Kath for another great product”
To read all our glowing reviews or, to add your own experiences of how our Shiny Bee has brightened up your hair care, please scroll down to end of page and let us know.
Ingredients & Allergens
Read below for an easy to understand list of ingredients:-
Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocate, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Avocadate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Beeswax, Honey (Mel), Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus Officinalis), Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia), Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita), Tea-Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) (Allergens: Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol)
If you have any questions about the ingredients we use just ask us in our Live Chat box or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A generous helping of coconut oil works to naturally wash away dirt and bacteria from the hair and scalp. Together with the soothing and moisturising properties of argan, olive, avocado and castor oils, you can be sure our shampoo will leave your hair hydrated and nourished without irritation.
Teamed with these nourishing oils is a careful blend of natural rosemary, lavender, peppermint & tea-tree to ensure your hair and scalp feel soothed and conditioned. You are also likely to notice much cleaner hair between washes and a marked reduced need for a seperate conditioner.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHAMPOO BARS DO NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE and will often depend on your hair type, length, condition, porousness, water type (hard of soft) and whether you have residue build up from silicone shampoos & styling products. It can also depend on the method of use for the bar, whether enough of the product has been used, whether a lather has been created and whether there is adequate rinsing to avoid residue being left on the hair.
Our Shiny Bee shampoo and conditioning bar weighs approximately 25g and comes wrapped in fully compostable, recycled, greaseproof paper. Please note that as our shampoo bars are hand cut their weight can vary slightly.
Directions for Use
You do have to work a little harder with a shampoo bar to get the best results, but when it works you will achieve plastic free soft, shiny hair and are unlikely to need a conditioner. You also usually need to wash less often with much less grease build up experienced between washes!
We would recommend following the directions for use:
- Firstly ensure you give your hair a thorough brushing beforehand, This gets rid of any dust, grime and loose hairs so that the shampoo can work more effectively.
- Thoroughly wet your hair with fairly warm water (cool water will not cleanse the hair effectively) before rubbing the shampoo bar through your wet hands to start the lather and apply through the hair to the scalp. It would be beneficial to rub the bar through at this stage. AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES AS CAN IRRITATE. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- Add a little water and gently massage the scalp with the pads of your fingertips in small firm circular motions. This will help to create a lather and to remove any dirt, grime and debris from the scalp. It is important not to ‘scrub’ the hair and scalp as this will only cause your hair to be damaged and tangle the hair. Massaging the scalp helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp, leading to healthier stronger new hair growth. By regularly cleaning the scalp you are removing the old dirty oil and promoting new clean sebum which will protect your scalp and hair, encouraging it to remain healthy.
- Next it is time to rinse. But before rinsing it all away, add some more water and massage gently to emulsify the shampoo product, which loosens it and it is then able to be rinsed away more easily. This is an important point especially if you have previously felt residue left in it. Do not worry if you don’t get a good lather to start with, it means the shampoo is being diluted by, and working hard to remove, the oil/dirt and any build of previous products used.
- In most cases you need to shampoo a second time. The first shampoo removes any debris or product from the hair, the second shampoo actually cleanses the hair, so again lather the bar and apply to your scalp, adding a little water. You will find it lathers more easily, massage your scalp and run the lather through your hair to the ends, this will gently cleanse and freshen the rest of the hair.
- Add more water, emulsifying gently before finally rinsing away all traces of the shampoo. Rinsing thoroughly is a very important step, as any product left in the hair will cause it to be lank, look, and feel greasy and be difficult to style effectively.
- When you rinse your hair it is likely to feel very squeaky as if it needs to be conditioned. This is because hair has a pH level of around 4.5 - 5 whereas the shampoo bars have a pH of around 9, causing the cuticles of your hair to open. This allows moisture from the naturals oils to enter the hair. If your final rinse is with cool water this will help to close the cuticles again making the hair less likely to tangle. When the hair is dry the cuticles will re-close and your hair should be soft and shiny.
- If you find that your hair is still tangly or if a residue is left on your hair, and the above technique is not helping, then you can use a vinegar or lemon rinse after rinsing away the shampoo lather. This will re-close your cuticles as both vinegar and lemon have a very low pH. Simply dilute with 3 parts water, pour over the hair after rinsing the shampoo lather, let sit for a couple of minutes then rinse out.
To read more about why sulphates are not so good for your hair or scalp, have a look at our blog HERE.
Initially it may you take a little longer to shampoo your hair than you are used to while following these steps, but it is worth persevering with it in order to get the best results out of your Shampoo bar.
If you have hard water consider fitting a filter to your shower head to prevent mineral build up on your hair.
If you have been using chemical SLS style shampoos, your hair and scalp may need to go through a detox to remove the layers of plastics on the hair surface and to allow your scalp to settle into a regulated pattern of oil production. This may last for a week or up to a month. Be patient. After repeated use you may find that you no longer need to wash your hair so regularly and/or that you no longer need conditioner. The SLS (the foaming agent) in chemical shampoos dries/damages making conditioner necessary.
If you have any questions about your hair just get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Please note even though the ingredients in this product are all natural, some skins can react to natural ingredients, so it is advisable to test the product first on your inner wrist/arm to check compatibility with your skin before use.
When using this product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
If you would like a natural sisal shampoo bag to store your shampoo in between use or for travel CLICK HERE for more details.
If you would like to move straight on to the full size Shiny Bee cick HERE.
If you would prefer a 'non-soap' style shampoo bar which tends to be much easier to lather, use and does not leave any residue, why not try out our Glossy Bee Shampoo Bar?
Often purchased with both Shiny and Glossy Bee Shampoo is our Shiny Bee Hair & Scalp Oil to further condition and nourish hair and scalp.
Money Back Guarantee
30 day 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with your product. For further details of our returns policy see our Terms & Conditions Page.
Never arrived, would like one if poss or my money back
Tried the sample size and i am writing this as I purchase the full size! Love at first wash! Smells fresh and my hair is lovely and soft without using a conditioner. I'm trying to get into a routine where I can wash my hair less and i believe this is the product to help me!
I tried this out of interest and because it's eco-friendly. I followed the instructions and now have squeaky-clean hair! Easy to use, plenty of lather - even in a hard-water area, nice smell and left my hair soft and clean, no need for a separate rinse or conditioner. Makes my scalp feel nice too. The sample size is ideal for travel, and being a solid bar means no risk of leakage. I highly recommend this product.
Super glad I was able to order a sample size, once this bar runs out I will likely purchase the larger bar. I live in a hard water area and have long hair and I found the product easy to use. It smells amazing and my hair looks fab after use
I was really unsure about buying a shampoo and conditioning bar as my hair tangles extremely easily.
However, this bar left my hair feeling soft and tangle-free and best of all- no plastic!
Would definitely recommend!