- This policy covers how we (Honey Bee Beautiful) collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your data.
- We are a natural skincare business committed to producing chemical free skincare whilst supporting the continued survival of UK bees.
- Our website www.honeybeebeautiful.co.uk is our official site.
- The information we collect
- Why we collect it
- How long we store it
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data
- Who, if anyone, we disclose your personal data to
- Your rights and how you can see, update or delete your personal data
- To make it easy to understand what data we collect about you we have grouped this policy into how you and others receive information from us/ interact with us
- Our digital services. This includes our website managed by us.
- Services we use to communicate like social media
- Contact us directly, via email, phone, letter
3. WHAT WE COLLECT? We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website www.honeybeebeautiful.co.uk, facebook or instagram pages including questions, queries or feedback you leave and your email address if you contact Honey Bee Beautiful
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on, your IP address, and
- how you use our facebook and instagram pages including which links you click, posts that you share or save and browsing and purchasing activity
- details of which version of web browser you used as well as information on how you use the site, by using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This data can be viewed by authorised people at Honey Bee Beautiful and our suppliers, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us
4. WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED? We store your information, whenever possible, on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) except for data that we gather when you sign up to our email alerts. Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA and therefore your information may be accessed outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your information can be accessed.
When you sign up to our email alerts We use a Klaviyo mail marketing package for our email alerts. Klaviyo has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the USA. Klaviyo is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way. As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service. We will continue to send you email newsletters and alerts until you tell us not to or use the unsubscribe option on any of our emails.
Keeping your information secure We have procedures and security features in place to keep your information secure once we receive it. This is detailed in our Data Protection and Security Policy.
5. WHEN YOU USE OUR DIGITAL SERVICES
WEBSITE ANALYTICS We use website log files, cookies, facebook pixels, email software (Klaviyo) & digital analytics (Google) to gather information about how people use this site (www.honeybeebeautiful.co.uk).
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site or social media pages, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers through the STRIPE or PAYPAL payment gateways), email address and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) in our website analytics. However, we can recognise that behaviours belong to a single person. The information collected helps us investigate whether each website meets its users' needs as well as to evaluate how each website can be improved. We store information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you navigated there and what you clicked on.
If we were ever to obtain your personal data via the routes in this policy, we may combine website analytics data with your personal data.
Website log files collect your IP address, when you visited the site and the pages you visited. IP address is a numeric code assigned to a device based on your geographical location. If, for example, you are in Cardiff, your IP address will be the same as other users accessing the internet from Cardiff.
DIGITAL ANALYTICS & DOUBLECLICK Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics may be used to record anonymous user's interaction with Honey Bee Beautiful websites. This data may then be used to retarget users through advertising on other websites; therefore an individual's behaviour on one of our websites may result in them being retargeted with advertising related to the pages they visited or actions they took on the site.
You may opt out of our use of Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
We share your Personal Information with certain third parties listed below:-
- Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook pixels for marketing and re-marketing. Read more about how Facebook use your Personal Information here: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy:
- Email software, Klaviyo, for sending our newsletters and for marketing and re-marketing. Read more about how Klaviyo uses your Personal Data here: https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy/policy
- Website Conversion Tool, Just Uno, for website pop ups & email capture. Read more about how Just Uno uses your Personal Data here: https://www.justuno.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Royal Mail Account to process your orders. You can read more about how Royal Mail uses your personal information here: https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-policy/
- Seal Subscriptions for our automated subscription service. See more about how Seal Subscriptions uses your personal information here: https://www.sealsubscriptions.com/legal/privacy-policy
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.7. WHEN YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
COMPLAINTS When you make a complaint to us, you can do so via an online form, email, telephone or letter. Once a complaint has been received it will be reviewed and responded to within 28 days of receipt.
A complaint can be made anonymously. However, if you do provide personal data, we request your full name and address. We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We do compile and publish statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
By giving us your personal data you consent to us processing it. We retain personal data obtained from complaints for five years and then confidentially destroy it.
REQUEST E-NEWSLETTERS To provide our newsletters, we request contact details including but not limited to - your email address, country, and postcode. We only collect this data when we have your consent or when you have made a purchase on our website and it is retained on our email software, Klaviyo, on a secure database. If you withdraw consent, your details are deleted automatically. When you sign up for e-newsletters we also collect a unique identifier which Google assigns to you.ENTER A COMPETITION When you enter a competition, we may collect your name, email address and postal address. You are also given the option to consent to future marketing from us and our partners. We process this data as part of our contract to you and it is stored on our email software system, Klaviyo. However, if you consent to future marketing we will continue to process your data on that basis. We may use this data and other data we hold about you to tailor the communications we send and improve our service to you and others. We store this within our email software system, Klaviyo, unless you withdraw consent by unsubscribing and then your personal information will be deleted automatically.
SETTING UP A SUBSCRIPTION When you set up a subscription, our subscription provider, Seal Subscriptions, will collect your name, email address, shipping address and billing address, network information, such as IP address, time of the visit and other network information along with the last four numbers of your payment card, expiration date of the payment card and the payment card type. They never collect nor save the complete payment card details. All of this data is required in order to provide the subscription service to you.
8. WHEN WE CONTACT YOU
EMAIL We may email you regarding a contract or service or in response to a request, you have made. Your data will be stored for the purpose and time required to fulfil this.
We only send emails to you promoting Honey Bee Beautiful where we have your consent, where you have made a purchase on our website or if you subscribed to regular information via email before May 2018, you have not asked us to stop and you have engaged with the content recently we will continue to contact you. The legal basis for this is legitimate interest.
We do not store your details directly they are held on our email software provider, MailChimp and our Third Party Website, Shopify.9. YOUR RIGHTS Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. Read more about your individual rights on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
10. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION Honey Bee Beautiful tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a 'right of access' request under the General Data Protection Regulations. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Catherine Clark T/A Honey Bee Beautiful, Trestevan Farm, Llangybi, Usk, Monmouthshire, NP15 1NN, United Kingdom.